The National Stolen Generation Alliance is an alliance of organisations and individuals dealing with the multigenerational detrimental effects of the policies of forcible removal on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children from their families and communities.
Our Constitutional Objectives are:
- To support the process of healing amongst Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples who were forcibly removed as children and their families, Aboriginal and Torres Islander communities and other Australians.
- To advocate for justice for those who were forcibly removed, and for their families and communities.
- To educate all Australians about the history and continuing effects of forcible removal. And in doing this:
- To offer a role to all Australians who wish to work for these aims, drawing on the best expertise of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and non-Indigenous Australians.
- To promote Stolen Generations events in partnership with other groups and organisations.
- To raise funds and advocate in support of these objectives/goals.
These objectives are drawn from and collectively support the 54 Recommendations of the Bringing Them Home Report, as does our mission of achieving Truth, Justice and Healing for the Stolen Generations, their families, decedents and their communities.
The NSGA is made up of different organisations